Humm...its 7pm…and I find myself at work. Oddly enough this is the one place I've never wanted to be...working on a weekend...but for some reason I find some solace.
Work has been really busy. Had to configure some new products, reset my data back-up procedures, cleaning out my office area... I'm still online chatting...but haven't really had time to blog about events in my life. Ha ha…funny…thats why I never was good with a journal.
Been semi-serious with the whole working out idea. Push-ups and sit-ups at home...up to 40 in the morning and night now. yeah...not a big accomplishment...happy that I'm sorta still sticking with it.
APO stuff keeping me busy too. Its RUSH everywhere...and I have been making chapter visits. Meeting a lot of cool people...and catching up with old friends. Feeling really good about my section staff. They are definitely coming up as good leaders. I get the feeling that there will be a lot of qualified candidates when I pass on the Section Chair position. The chapters are doing well...and the section reps are doing their thing. This will be a good year.
Surprisingly the other thing that has kept me really busy is Anime Expo. Recently I was given the position of Security Department Head. Now...Expo was something I did once a year to hang with some friends that met at the convention. Most of them live in Ventura/Oxnard county, which until recently had always been significantly far away. But now that I work in Westwood (plus sitting online all the time)… I have been making a lot of plans with the AX Crew. Dinner at Curry House…clubbing nights...plans for Vegas. (sidenote: Yeah...you heard...VEGAS BABY....Been a while...and actually pretty random...but anyone who reads this...I'll be in Vegas Nov 16-17 weekend.)
I had always done AX security since I was bored of just sitting at the convention. They turned out to be a great bunch of people...like another family. So now I'm seeing what I can do to keep that spirit throughout the year, before AX...which leads me to my next topic of ...
Bowling
I've developed a new passion for Bowling. You can thank Rich and Angie from UCLA for getting me into it. Starting out as a way to just chill with friends, I know find myself checking out bowling.com and reading articles on gripping the bowling ball. I just bought my shoes this weekend on an impulse buy and am already planning on hitting the lanes twice this week. (Wed with UCLA, Sat with AX Security). I found a replica Bowling shirt of the Simpson's Pin Pals and was pretty close to buying it. Its was too funny.
Anyways...I basically still a straight bowler. Wrist locked straight and down the center. Bowled with family on Sat night and saw my cousin did really well with this funky curve. So...you never know…just re-acquainting myself with the sport. Very inconsistent...but usually above 100 ( 90-160). Its all for the fun of it anyways!
So…any challengers?
Sunday, September 29, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment