Sunday, October 27, 2002

Time for myself
ok...so I'm sitting here...in the glow of my sister's monitor.

Don't really know what I want to say...so just kinda working on that stream of consciousness writing.
Spent most of the day fighting a headache...probably from the vodka last night. The party was a lot of fun (Love ya sis ^_^) and it was great catching up with people. Disappointed I just lost a whole day due to it.

Anyways...actually just wanted to use this time to write. Guess I've been so caught up in things lately...that I haven't taken time for myself. Majority of my time is obviously at work...and its actually been busy lately. Got another project to work on, but I honestly wouldn't change my job for anything.

APO wise, things still busy and thats good. The first section wide event for this year - The intersectional picnic was a success. I passed the ball to Bryan, and he did well. I'll be the first to admit I was really worried to see it come thru...and based on the phone call I got at 2pm, I'm guessing he was too. But in the end, he was able to bring it all together. About 100 people in attendance...and still within budget. Big ups to Bry and Section 1 Staff for coming thru. I hear it was a lot of fun. I feel really bad that I wasn't able to go...but I know it would all work out. Still have to decide on what is coming up in Winter. Had plans for a formal, but don't know if I'll have the time to pull it off anymore. But hey...Thats leadership in being able to roll with the punches. And although cheesy put a lot of time into it...if I push it to spring I'll have grace back to help out ^_^ (miss ya girl).

Anime Expo wise, just starting to finalize some plans and do a lot of the preliminary work. Lot of the team building going on…and general hangin out. Things look really good for next year.

So whats going on with me....I don't know. Guess thats what this post is really about. Got thru all the surface stuff. Honestly just taking this time to think out loud (well..ok..on keyboard). What part of this I'll post and not post I'll decide later. I guess first thing I wonder is where is my time going. FUCK. Its already Oct 2002. I don't really remember much of this year, cuz time just seems to fly by. Been keeping really busy ...sheesh...been at the airport 2 weekends in a row...and going on 2 more. Been lagging on the whole exercise bit, and honestly feeling like I am stagnating. Most like I'm wasting time. I don't really watch TV anymore (even though its always on). My weekly viewings can be all set on 1 six hour tape. I enjoy the fact that get out more often...but again with the stagnating. I used to be a teacher...but even in that position I became routine. I think on my feet and analyze well…make things understandable...but am I myself no longer learning. This darn site...looking back…how long ago I said…"this site needs a redesign" with no changes or knowledge to do so. I guess it is I that need a change.

I want to make a list. A list for myself of things I want to accomplish. I've said it may times before…but writing it now, I'll see if I can start knocking things out. Brainstorming a couple here...lets see. Learn to cook. Read the Harry Potter series. Learn to dance (whatever…hip hop, salsa, ballroom). Learn HTML\XML (yeah...had to put something techie in here). Design my own webpage. Get my own place (the house idea is still ideal, but apt\condo is looking better). Travel (Europe, China, Japan). Guess thats a few of the things I'd add to a list. If anyone wants to join/teach/help me with something...let me know. Its always more fun in groups.

Guess I'm just looking for the simple time. To be able to stop...and just think of nothing and in that time just appreciate the things around me. The smell of flowers, the waves crashing on a beach, the simple art of writing.

No comments: