Wednesday, April 12, 2006

realizations

*Transcribed from paper composed while sitting at chili's (Boston) for dinner.

So Boston, here i am. After 3.5yrs working for my company and many years of childhood wonderment, i have finally made it to Boston. Did you know that I almost went to school here and even almost moved here due to my father's work. This place is practically my father's second home ,being that most of my childhood i heard he was always away "in Boston". His travel sparked my interest in the Boston Tea Party as well as much of Revolutionary history. So...to be here has been somewhat a joy, but mostly it has given me a number of realizations. (some trivial, most meaningful)

*Home is where the heart is. I'm missing Karen, my family, and my friends.
*Boston is a walking state. After a quick tour of the city speedwalking with my boss, my legs were cramped and tired.
*I'm fat. Besides my obvious bulge *sigh*, my director's first words to me were "you've gained weight." That plus similar comments from coworkers, my obvious pain from the walk (above), the fact that i actually fit in size 34waist pants, instead of getting it for extra room in the crotch -> all point to the fact that I'm out of shape.
*I love Karen. If circumstances were right, I'd be married to her and we would never have to leave each other.
*Boston is a beautiful city and yes the food is terrific. Even the Chili's is great (maybe cuz i ordered the shrimp).
*Even surrounded by all this history, i realize all cities are pretty much the same. Tokyo, Boston, LA, SF, New Orleans. We're all just people trying to live day to day (just under different weather conditions).
*I eat slow. Also I hate eating alone.
*(c/o Martin) You never know who you'll meet when you talk to a stranger. . I'll talk more about this in a later post.
*I've been told I have great penmenship skills for an IT guy.
*My life can be considered boring, but I'm happy with it.
*The Westin Copley Place's wake up call policy is that they call you once...and if you don't pick up...leave u a message and call security to come to your door to wake you up. Crazy...and i was still late to work.
*I'm in a "high-class" hotel, but the rooms are crap and only the candles in the lobby are cool.
*Did i mention that I LOVE KAREN...oh yeah...i did. But worth mentioning again.
*Red Sox Nation: Boston loves their Red Sox. Its like Raider Nation but its the whole state.
*I work with great people in Boston, but i'm happy with my set up in Pasadena.
*Food can make me sick (but there is always room for ice cream).
*I find it difficult at times to grasp the obvious. Many times i feel really stupid. I do feel that i can sympathize better than most people (terrible with facts, easier with feelings).
*There is no place like home. There is no place like home.
*I can't finish a molten lava cake on my own (wish someone was here to share).

I could go on..but my stomach ache from the lava cake is forcing me to go home and take a nap. Should be an exciting end of the week.

Wed - Duck tour and Sushi with the bosses
Thur - Red Sox game at Fenway
Sat - Historic tour of Lincoln with Dad.

No comments: