Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gone till November
-Wyclef Jean



PMX is about 24 days away and things are quickly ramping up. We've announced our last GoHs and final preparations are in place. I'm looking forward to it...sorta. It has definitely been..well..yeah. I'm happy to be working with such a great set of people. Actual execution of things as opposed to talking about is gonna take a lot more work, but the experience has been fun.

I'd have to say my glory days of convention working were team SDF back in AX2001?. Since jumping into the "leadership" roles..its just more stressful and time consuming (sometimes welcomed, othertimes not). All my years with the VAC/Ohana family at AX were great (except 2004 when it wasn't with the full family). When i came back for 2006, it was ok. Fun cuz it was 344..but just being there wasn't the same. Lot of nice people still in AX...and some skeletons there too. I went to the staff dinner and felt pretty much...sad. This event had always been about the family...and they weren't there anymore.

Anyways, convention life has taken quite a lot out of me. July 4th BBQs and many weekends (the repeat of the kick ass Halloween party =/ ). My joy is in hanging out with friends, so for all those that have wondered where i have gone, please bear with me. I plan on making up for lost time after Halloween.

No comments: