Just came back from an eye exam. It was my first check up since my lasik about 6 years ago, and my eye sight is better than average 20/15. Sweeet deal but looking to get a nice pair of frames just for styling.
January has been good.
As you saw, the year starts great in Las Vegas. Garland and I had a great time just running the city and meeting/making new friends. Playing craps at hooters, pictures at the Vegas sign around midnight, meeting new friends and gambling till 4am - and that was all the first day. Got our fill of oysters and crab legs, as well as hitting all the outlets on the way home from vegas. We both got caught napping in the betting room floor while trying to kill the 64oz Fat Tuesday with 161 octane, but ringing in the new year amoungst 300,000 people was quite an experience.




Right after vegas we headed up to Big Bear to celebrate Mila's Birthday. The drive up there was crazy as we drove past fallen boulders in the middle of the road and could bearly see past the condensation on the windows. The weekend was great as we all just spent time at the house playing games, watching movies, poker, pool and playing in the snow. We didn't get to snowboard since due to hazardous conditions, but we did form a human pyramid and saw a 3 man piggy back ride. When we drove down on Sunday the snow fall made a beautiful layer on the cars, house and road.




I've seen the Murakami exhibit twice with various friends. Oddly, i think my favorite part of the exhibit was the LV store. The transforming S.M.P.ko² was really cool and i finally figured out who originated Lonesome cowboy. I may head back one more time before it ends to get a tour of the exhibit. I had seen the sunflower pillows so long ago and now understand why they were so expensive =/. In the realm of art though, i think i'm formulating a better idea of what i like and not like.

Also, as of Jan 13, I've officially become a Laker Fan - Thanks to Rico. This is surprising on how long i've been the anti-laker (yes..i was rooting for the celtics back in the showtime era). Oddly though i do remember doing the sky-hook while growing up, so guess i couldn't have been that bad. Anyways, I still have so much love for the sport and admiration for the unselfish players (LeBron, Wade, Snow) and respect for the against all odds of Iverson..and Shaq just because he's Shaq...but now i've just decided that I'm here in LA and a Laker fan is what i will be. Kobe is getting a bit more tolerable and Bynum is great (unfortunatly i was at the game he got injured). For better or for worse, a Laker is what i will be.


As far as the other sports, still sorta eh. If i had to classify, then Red Sox for baseball and Patriots fan for Football- Both thanks to my Boss. Sitting at Fenway was a moving experience. I think i was a Patriots fan before I started my job since my Dad has many ties to Massachusetts. Go Pats. Looking forward to the Super bowl. I'd say more but don't want to jinx anything.
In other news, I guess you can say it's dating, either way this month has included a lot of outings, getting to know new people and pondering possible relationships. Right now its just a matter of meeting different people and seeing what sparks my interest (maybe even re-evaluating some of my current circles). This past month has involved a lot of that. A future post will likely include what i've come up with so far. Plus it'd be something update my dating profile page or to post to craigslist =p.
A couple negatives for this month.
While doing my research, I learned that Carnival in Rio will start Feb 2 till 5. The unfortunate part of it is that with the vacation earlier this month, I won't try to push my luck and ask for another vacation so close. Guess Brazil will have to wait for another year. I'll have to find my Alessandra Ambrosio or Adriana Lima some other year.


I've been experiencing a bit of buyers remorse over the car. Its a great car. Drives very well, economical, environmentally sound, looks sporty and drives "efficiently". Thing is i don't feel excited about it. Its everything i was looking for, it was pretty much "me". Thing is..i don't want that to be me anymore. Regardless, with the rising gas prices, I'm still satisfied with my decision. What i'm really missing though is having the power of a stick shift =p.
On to other things, I realized i'm becoming more of a foodie. Been getting tired of local food places and focusing more on developing my own talents in the kitchen. I've expanded my cooking at work more and going to try experimenting with new combinations. With the house redesign I'm planning for an extensive kitchen to work in.
Cleaning out and organizing the garage. Found enough old clothes there to support a village of people. Getting rid of about 5 bags of clothes and hopefully a lot more.
Lastly, talking with a group of workers, decided to join the firecracker run. Its a 10k run through Chinatown, Elysian park, and around Dodger Stadium. Sorta training for it but figure much of time will be run/walking the course and taking pictures. If anythign it will be something i can list as accomplished this year.
1 comment:
wow u've been up to a lot. looks like things are turning around for the better :)
Post a Comment