ok..ouch.
Standing at a public terminal in San Luis Obispo I finally find the time to blog. Yes..I know..and I've heard it...its been a while..but hey..I've been busy.
lot of things going on..keeping me pretty busy. I want to expand on it...and I say I will..but we'll have to see if it really happens. So..here's a brief recap since last post. (oh god..I start writing..and this will take forever.)
Nationals
It was a blast. Honestly.I was really hesitiant about going. Feeling a bit of the APO burn out (wow..can you believe I said that...Mr. APO himself burning out..then again..I'm up here in SLO for a APO pinning..but I digress). So..feeling the burn..and not really wanting to go. So I guess..when you aren't expecting anything..you just enjoy what you get (* a RAYism). New philosophy in life...I'll probably make a bunch of those in the future. I arrived in New Orleans after a long plane ride with Jack. Now Jack's a good guy and all...but I really think he just likes to hear himself talk (haha..take that one lil bitch). Again..I digress...so I mostly slept on the way there. When I arrived..caught up with Robert from Irvine and the touring of Bourbon street began. Pretty crazy. Imagined hordes of people lining the street with boobs and beads all over the place. I arrived on a Thursday..and not Marti Gras..so it was fairly tame. Got introduced to the "Hand Grenade"-drink, so that made it a lot better.
Thanks to Anna for getting me and Sec 1 and 2 a room..plus getting Jack a ticket to Nationals...I really appreciate all you've done for me. So..an enjoyable first day.
Most of the fun started when the San Diego chapter decided to show up the next day (Steve, Helen, Czrena, and Annie). Spent most of my time chilling with them, which was a lot of fun. Crashing workshops, touring the city, or attending the legislation, they kept everything interesting. (Room 2412 Rocks!) Really reminded me of my former UCR day when i felt the members really cared about what happens in the fraternity, as opposed to the sense of apathy I see now. Got to see a bunch of other people I had met thru APO functions and events...and overall had a really good time. (much of this is documented in Steve Lee's blog about nationals.) Met some people from the APO-PHIL delegation and developed stronger ties with them. Missing the whole cultural kinship lately. Nice to talk tagalog to someone again.Actually meeting up with a APO-PHIl brod while up here in SLO. Thinking of going back to the PI sometime soon
Region Xtreme Games in San Diego
Soo much fun packed into one weekend. Congratulations to UCSD for pulling off a region wide event and being successful at it. Everything was well organized and came off very well. I have been really proud of how the San Diego chapter runs everything. I wish the other chapters were that efficient and spirited =/. Our Green team was composed of some really great people (Lewis-captain, Steve, Fiona, Christina, Monika, Ron, Kevin-regionXdirector, and myself..sorry if i missed anyone)..and we all had a lot of fun. Lead all day Sat..somehow lost it on Sun..but fun none the less.Got to see Grace again since the last time I picked her up from the airport. Crazy flippn thru her pictures of europe. Definately need to go there someday. I also was able to see Christina, Richard, Lewis, Fiona and all the other Tau class pledges cross on Sun. Such a great chapter and great bunch of people.
(god..been here over an hour typing. Hands cramping and feet hurting..but must go on...)
VCD making and Ski Trip
Starting the new year I found myself hanging around a lot with my anime friends from Ventura. Cool bunch of guys, I decided to see what I could do to help them out with our annual VCD of the previous convention. they are teaching me a lot about Adobe Premiere..but overall just hanging out with them has been a blast. Together we went to Big Bear for a Ski trip. Decided to try Snowboarding (then again..havent been to the snow since I was like 13.). Soo much fun...I enjoyed myself a lot. Still feeling a bit of pain right now, but I think it was due to the Jackass stunts I was doing the night before we went boarding (Yeah..sledding next to the house..past a tree ..usually...and into the back of another house...ouch)..and it was all on tape. Couldn't get the idea at first..struggling on the bunny slopes.. Took a ride down the Miracle mile..and started praying for it to end at times...but at the end of the night...I went back to carving the slopes (bunny again)...with no problems. Definately want to go back again.=)
Well..I think that is enough for now...(that is if ur still reading this...)..
Gonna go back to chilln on campus...or at least sitting somewhere
Friday, January 24, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment