The last weekend of May, a group of friends and I went on a trip to SF, primarily for my friend Bryan’s wedding. I’d have to say it was one of the best weekends I’ve had in quite a long time.
It started out with the group leaving Long Beach Airport. The five of us, Mark, Traci, Jojo, Dao and I decided to take Jet Blue airlines since Jojo wanted to have direct TV. Wasn’t really worth it for the 50 min ride..but still made things interesting. From the get go…we were having a blast. I don’t know..just really didn’t feel like caring about anything. I wasn’t “planning” anything in particular..and was just looking to enjoy the weekend. It started out with Jojo and I hitting each other on the shoulder from across the aisle of the plane. Childish..yes..but still fun. For some reason…I just have a lot of fun when Jojo is around. I got some pretty good punches in…and of course Jojo just smiled..and took it like a lil girl.
We landed in Oakland and picked up the rental car. Tried to spit some Tagalog to the attendant, as she was gonna hook us up with an SUV..but no go. Jumped in the car and off we when to the hotel. (Theme playing – Back to the Hotel – N2Deep). This was only the first day…and people were already looking to crash…but I wasn’t having it. SO of course I call up all my norcal people…and thankfully they were happy to come out and host for us.
We started out by heading to the city, to do some site seeing. There we met up with Christina. After walking around Union for a while…we ended up at Metreon…in the arcade. Hey..it was happy hour…and we were looking to start the week right. While we were there, Biggwould and Steve Lee came by. Of course Steve gave up on Finding Nemo that nite..but I think he enjoyed my company a bit more than the fish.=). Surprisingly, we were there at the club for quite some time..and getting a light buzz. Deciding we finally needed to go…we head out to Brothers Korean B-B-Q. Really good food for a good price. Most of the time I was picking at plates and shooting Soju, till all the food disappeared. The Soju was ok…but Justin then told me about this hot waitress (helen) supposedly at the bar near by called Fizzies. So we proceeded to head to the bar...when my boy from back in the day rando hits me back and says he wants to hang. So i tell him to roll to Fizzies and we all meet up there.
DANG....I tell you...rando...it was soo good to see you again. We've had each others backs since day 1...plus he got me to love the Sixers. We met at my first sysadmin job in LA...and we knew from the get go..that we were bros for life. Course he headed up to the Bay...and I stayed here...but it was like old times kicking it again. =p
So yeah...
End Day 1..please turn your tape to the other side...beep.
So we survived for the next day. Rando hits us up..and we were gonna kick it like before. Hawaiian Breakfast at Puenaheli. Sadly though..that shop has been long since closed. Another restaurant took its place...hawaiian as well..but just not the same. So again...we start the party again. Pretty much took up the whole restaurant. Wasn't too hard since there was no one else there. The original 5, Rando, Christina, Steve, The Ronin bros (yeah Gerald woke up), and Felix and company. It was cool..just chiln mostly. Got our grub on...and proceeded to think of what to do next. After much pondering...it was decided...Haight street.
Honestly..didn't really seem like much to me. A mix of Venice and 3rd Street promenade. We walk thru it...and decided to head home and rest...before dinner and the club that nite. We had decided on Glass Kat for the club..and ended up there for dinner as well. The club was cool...meeting up with old friends....and meeting some new ones ^_-. Best part was Jojo getting molested by a couple of club go-ers =p. He says now he understands what ass is. We ended the nite with some Filipino food at the all nite casino. Dang..only filipinos..hahah.
Day 3...the reason why we came up. Today was Bryan's wedding. We decided to go tp Fisherman's Wharf and get some clam chowder bowls. While we're there we check out the local stores and old carnival area. Mark gets some snap caps and all hell breaks loose. Its funny to see how much enjoyment u can get from the lil things. The best part was when Traci was carrying two on her back...without her knowledge...and accidentally drops it in the ice cream shop, scaring a bunch of people in there. They turned around to blame Mark, but he was soo far away. Oh man..my side hurt it was too funny. After that...we head home and get ready for the wedding.
The ceremony was nice...held outdoors so it got kinda hot. I can honestly say I have never seen a more beautiful and happier couple. It was great seeing a bunch of my old friends again from college. My old roommates Jeff and Chad. Apo peeps Annette, Thi, Theresa, Pansy, Jenn Chan, Christine, Carey, Gideon as
well. Had a lot of fun just chilln. On of the best parts had to be "raving" with Mark on the dance floor. Honestly..just not caring about things is the best way to be. We were just jumping up and down, "battling", on the dance floor..just having fun.
Last Day...Such a fun filled weekend...we weren't exactly sure how to end it. We started by searching for breakfast..ending up at this place called the Squat and Gobble. Thankfully our hosts Justin and now Jen Lee came thru to give us ideas for our final hours in SF. Finally we decided on Japantown. We strolled thru the mall and a number of shops. Cool photo opportunities...as mark and I again battled this time with the cameras. (total 330 from all our cameras in the Ofoto album). We ended the day with Ramune drinking contest and headed back to the airport. Jumped on a plane...started socking Jojo in the arm again..and eventually made it back home safely.
Big Ups to everyone that kicked it with us that weekend. Thanks for being there...and playing host.
No comments:
Post a Comment