Its Friday...its friday....yeah!
Ok..enough with the gratuitous glee...ai ya...sorry..just in a weird mood. Actually woke up fully rested...got things done before work..and now just sitting at work..waiting for the weekend. (weekend plans: heading down to SD this weekend for Wine Tasting with Martin..and likely a family event on Sat.).
Anyways...a recap for this week.
Missing Karen...yeah..that was going on all week. I did get a few moments to talk to her...and the more that i do learn about her...the more in love i feel. Yes..i did say love. The greatest part about it is that she isnt' afraid of it like most other people are... anyways...i'm wishing she was back here......and also hoping she's enjoying her trip.
Well..i couldn't just mope around all week...(ok..it was only monday)...so i decided to do some other things.
Tues -
so..i met this guy at Big 5 when i bought my punching bag. Pretty cool guy..just a bit rough around the edges...so..i am taking him under my wing and gonna be his kuya. I bring that up cuz i invited him to come kick it with us on Tuesday when i went to play basketball with Andre. Big Ed, Ed (diesel), Harold, Jonathan (big5), my cousin, and even Al came thru. It was cool..running again. We had a pretty good game with this group there...but they chicken out on a rematch when they won by 2.(close game...punks). After the game, headed out to Manhattan Beach with Al to hang with my friend Mark and some other people. It was cool just kicking back and hanging with Al again....been too long. Anyways...the cool part of the nite was while we were eating...someone asked how Al knew me. (Granted, Mark's coworkers are in the late 20s..wondering how Al (22) would hang with me). This was of course after they were already impressed at how at such a young age he had such a direction in his life - persuing teaching and his masters degree at the same time. Al's response.."Ray taught me how to speak". It was simplicity...and the truth. Granted..it garnered an explaination. So Al detailed.... and i recollected how when i first met him...how he too was very "rough" around the edges. I swear his was a thug..talking about running things here and there..homies..this and that.... But...the fact is...i saw beyond that. I see into most people...and take them for what they truly are...and Al...well...Al is beautiful. i didn't do anything to change him really...he came to me to ask me things. Together...he learned things..and i learned things from him. He was the potential...i just helped him focus. I'm so proud of him..you wouldnt believe. Now he knows the show..and how to run it. He's definately one of my homies for life..
Wed-
humm..i fell asleep on my work phone call....=p. Ok..ok..it was at 8am....and it was a late nite. Well ...things at work are good. They are entrusting me with more responsibilites..and i've been volunteering and become more reliable to the big guys. I'll hope to see it when my bonus comes around..but personally...just loving the job. My coworkers are great.. This day i also got recruited to work a project that included all time zones - Boston, Pasadena, and London...in a restore of one of our primary servers. Talk about crazy...but yeah. The best part of the nite thought was hanging out with my Sis. She truly is my best friend. There are times where we just don't see eye to eye..but through it all...i love her no less. Sometimes it may not feel like it..but i am here for you sis...when you need. I hope she gets to meet the right people in helping out her friend in LA.
Thur-
So..since the late hours working that project..i was able to go home early. When i got home I saw my uncle from accross the street...riding his bike. It was like 100 degrees outside..and he was wearing this fleece black sweater, hat and sunglasses. He told me he was going off to buy burritos for my aunt..cuz she called and said she was hungry. Unfortunately there was no food in the house so he had to get something. When i asked him why he was wearing the sweater since it was soooooo hot...he said he knew...but he didn't want to get sunburn. soo cute.
I've had issues with my uncle..cuz of things he's done in the past...but being so close to him now you can't help but love him. I see that way he lives, treats others, treats his family..and there is no doubt that its all love in his heart. I thank my auntie for helping me understand that. He's been my project partner for the house...and things are going well with that too.
anyways..after waiting so long for auntie to finally come home...we stepped out to check out circuit city and home depot...followed by dinner at Ordonez.
House project -
I'm concentrating on the living room. I think its all gonna come together. Probably gonna head to downtown LA next weekend to get the fabric for the curtains and furniture. Once i get the right color, I'll match the crown molding to that red. Also gonna consult an electrician about the lighting..and home theatre speakers..
Also have to build a mantle over the fireplace to hold the TV. Final step will probably be the floor. I'll give myself a couple months to pull it all together...assuming i stop going out each weekend.
Fri -
Today...well..its been going well. But now i'm done with this post..and gonna read my book.
and now...dedicated to Karen..who can see the beauty in things...and found it in me (god...sooo mushy)..
Something Beautiful for the Day (in this case, week)
Al, my uncle, my sister, Jon (big5)
Friday, July 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment