Milestones
First off, after dinner with the cousins, i come out to learn that my car is dead. Stupid headlights left on drained the battery. Fortunately was able to stop Alfred and Brenda and faced one of my fears...Jump starting a car.
It actually shouldn't be too bad..but i have this fear of sparks, smoke, fire, EXPLOSION!. Yeah..and why does everyone have a different method to jump start their car...anyways. Alf (cus i stepped 10 feet away) had his car turned off..and attached the two connections to the truck. He then put both connections to my dead battery. Now..most cars guys will say..thats all wrong...since the negative on the dead battery should be grounded to the car. Well..there is a reason for this detail.
Now...with both cars off...he tells me to start my car. I asked why his shouldn't be running, but realized..just listen. So i attempt to start the car. After the second try it works. Good Stuff.
Well..i figured to let it run a while, but alf says not to worry. I stopped and started the car..and it still worked. I even stopped and started as i got gas less than a mile away...and yes it worked again. Score.
Well..it didn't work this morning.
Ugg...so i call Alfred..but he's unavailable. I see my cousin John is home..but i dont' want to wake him. I call up my friend Andy, and he says he will come right over, after his friend arrives...and i call my dad to get some fatherly advice. He says from the sounds of it..its the battery.
So i come to my first milestone for today.
Not wanting to be even more late for work (cuz i had a lot to do), i go across the street and "barrow" the battery out of my aunt's decomissioned Accord on her drive way. Remembering the details of last nite (and the fact the cars weren't running) i proceed to jump start my car from the spare battery. Success! Conquered that obstacle.
I'll talk about the second milestone tomorrow.
Day Recap
Sit-ups: 0
Push-ups: 0
Activity: Jumpstarting car =p
Reading: Attack of the Clones - Great since i lost my radio presets due to battery
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment