Monday, November 14, 2005

Cleaning up.


Well..first off..the house is clean =). The floors are not sticky anymore, the dishes washed, and everything looks back to normal...just cleaner.

Been busy since Halloween obviously...but for the most part things are well. Setting up my own personal "cleaning"...mind, body...and house.

As far as the house is concerned, likely getting another roommate for the 2nd room..so wanted to clear up that up a bit. Getting the computers and systems set up for the school was part of the process, so i did most of that this weekend (as well as haul it out to Bellflower thanks to Karen's Rodeo). Doing the same in my own room as far as utilizing the garage more to store stuff, and clear out the room.

As far as body and mind, I'll preface with the fact that probably the best parties in my life so far have happened this year: Birthday at Tokyo Delves and Halloween in the MPK. I had fun ...maybe a lil too much. From these events i woke without recollection of much of the nite. While fun at the time, I am honestly afraid of losing control (or my mind). Fortunately i was amongst friends and family who looked out and cared for me. Video tape and pictures were all i could use to piece back the events of those nites. Even watching the video tape was scary as i could see myself doing things i couldn't imagine myself doing. *shakes head* Now..i as much as anyone else is all for a good time, but yeah... after these events..i had to re-evaluate my actions.

Anyways, I decided after the Halloween party that i would try to go for a year without drinking alcohol. So far so good. I had to make a couple caveats for myself, so not sure how likely the year timeline will hold, but at least i'm making more of an effort not to overindulge and abuse myself. More likely to limit myself to 1 drink depending on the event. I've never "needed" alcohol to have fun before, so i'll just go back to that mentality.

Next thing i did was buy a weight scale for the bathroom. Boy...that was a painful idea. While still fairly lanky, I know I can do without this spare tire around my waist. Trying to read up more on nutrition as well as continuing on my workout. Actually thinking about buying a bike and using that to trek to work. I'd save me the monthly parking and probably provide a good daily work out. Just need to see if i can manage the road and 10miles.

Some changes at the school have forced me to re-evaluate my own financial status and personal stagnation. I really need to get back into study mode and keep myself up to date on various technologies. I learn enough to do my job and make it by, but i should start challenging myself again.

I've been listening to Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire for the past few weeks. This is going to be my test on how well i can appreciate the movie, since i've already read the book. Personally i like being surprised and am easily captured in the director and writers web on the silver screen. I'm guessing i'll probably still be happy with the end result, but not sure how satisfied. We'll have to see after HP comes out this week. (although my anxious self is already ripping book 5 to MP3).

anyways...i hope everyone is doing well. I realize how its been a while since i've been able to keep up with people. Hoping to do more of that as well. =)

No comments: