Friday, March 07, 2008

Ok..now for something different....
I'm pretty new to this dating thing, and even more so to the "rules" of online dating. I guess i've been fortunate that my past relationships happened naturally. Mutual attraction/interest, casual outings that led to deep and long term relationships (about 3 years for both). I'm probably pretty lucky to say that I'm still on good terms with my exes and if asked, they probably would say good things about me.

However, since my breakup last year...the natural thing just hasn't happened. I blame it on the lack of new social outlets. Its not college anymore and the whole work or church (when i decide to go again) just hasn't sustained. I thought a dating site would be a good thing, at least for me to be more proactive and get to know people. Unfortunately, me being "proactive" has, in retrospect, branded me as too bold and overall brazen (Oh geez, i actually asked people out to coffee before chatting with them). So far i've been reprimanded by one, comforted by another, and pretty much ignored by most. To each his own i guess but oh well.

I guess its just tough, actually somewhat sad, since it reflects much on today's society and general distrust. Talking with friends, sifting through these journals about guys that are players and jerks, girls who are "looking" yet never reply and general "bad news" when people transition from online to in person...obviously that would make one second guess taking chances. Why should they, when they are comfortable at home alone, in front of the computer, browsing this site?

Unfortunately, its in taking chances that one can achieve things. So that is something i will continue to do. Maybe not so much on meeting online, but going out (even more than i do now) to watch live bands, actually dance at clubs, explore new restaurants and general "just plain living". =)

So..see you all around. If you ever want to come along, just let me know.

1 comment:

Anny said...

may the force be with you!