Thursday, January 31, 2002

whoa..it has been some time since the last post. A lot has happened...I just haven't really gotten it to this journal. Most recently..I got the illustrious first post on a comment to Ernie's blog. Since, then I became a little self-conscious about my blog and now am thinking of a new layout. I really should work on a new design. =/

Things have been looking up lately. I am glad the holidays are over and now I'm just looking forward to new things. I'm still teaching only one class at work, but I am currently looking for alternatives. I contracted with my old elementary school to work on their network on an on-call basis. It will provide me a little money on the side..as well as a chance to play with new network ideas. I was also working for this position at the county..but was just short of the 4 year full-time experience requirement. This is the position I plan to retire with. Actually...it was this and seeing my ex-girlfriend at Dave and Busters recently that has given me a new perspective.

I realize that this is a brand new day of a brand new life. The economy may not look good, but I do have a lot of options. I've recently started mass mailing the resume and am hoping that things will go well. I have been taken pretty good care of myself. Even with only one class..I'll be starting that part time teaching in March, where I'll be teaching on Sundays for significant pay. As February and March come closer, the hiring season will be in full swing. I'm looking forward to getting back into some real world scenarios and problems...with hopefully less stress.

As for relationships....I'm over it. I realized after seeing my ex recently...that I was really over her. That may seem harsh to say...but what I didn't realize was that somewhere in the back of my mind..I was still believing beyond hope that somehow we would be together. I guess it could have been the first love thing. It could have been since we meant so much to each other. When I hear that song from Babyface "what if", all I could think about was past/possible relationships. When I saw her at Dave and Busters..with her husband.. it just hit me. I had seen them together before..and it is not as if it bothered me. It just never hit me. Well sometime last week, I saw them and realized...that she and I were not meant to be. We would still be good friends..but we had grown apart in interests and ideas. It was also around this time that I went clubbing with my cousin. Again..I'm not big on clubbing..but it was really for my cousin..and I just wanted to chill. It was really cool since I actually caught up with some friends that I saw there. I wasn't expecting much...and it turned out to be a really good night. They say love come when you least expect it...well I've given up looking..so we will have to see how long it will take to find me. In the meantime I'm just going to try new things and enjoy life.

No comments: