Got back from the trip to Norcal with not so good news. I'll save that bad news for a later post.
Norcal Highlights..
Well...its been a while since I've made that drive solo...and thank goodness for Sam being there...to keep me awake. Hey...it had been a long day. Arrived in Davis and passed out.
Staying at my brother and sister's house felt just like that. I try to respect their space...and just keep to myself. Woke up sometime in the afternoon...and went to the mall. Arden Fair Mall..
--tangent blog on Arden Fair Mall--
Man...I couldn't believe this mall...and maybe it was just Sac. So many girlies...but I was seriously bothered. Lil 12 year olds with enough make up and ish to look 30. Oh goodness. And there was this one girl...looked cute...thin as hell...and really I mean thin as hell. I'm serious if she fell, she could have broken something. Girls with tats all over. ewww. really bothered being there.
---end side note----
So that night made it to Christina's party in SF. The drive to SF wasn't too bad. Made it in time for dinner. Cool meeting up with norcal friends (Milly, Biggwould, Steve Lee, Lily, Anita, Denise, Minh, Tony, Alan, Denise, Rox, Anna, Kalen, Elena, and of course Christina). Special thanks to Milly and Justin for kicking with me most of the evening. Its been too long. And milly at your next party...just make sure to invite me...then I'll see if I can come up for it. ^_^
The music was cool (well...in the beginning). Felt good just to be out partying again. Some freaks on the dance floor...nice....although I stuck primarily with the APO people I knew. IT was great just seeing everyone again...and visiting norcal.
So the next day was spent primarily relaxing. Went to lunch with my sister to Ludy's, the traditional place for Ribs for the Iota Phi Close family. I remembered the first time I had been there was right after Will's activation. This whole trip has been a nice time just talking and getting to know my sister better. After that watched Zoolander...and met up with Will, Rosina, Christina, Sara for dinner. Not much to do that day...just relax. It was also that day that I learned the bad news about my dog being hurt.
I spent Sat thinking about my dog at home. Felt bad that he was hurt and I was so far away. Decided that we needed to head home that night. Spent the morning with family. Costco and Ice Cream parlor. Finally got a hold of my friend in Sunnyvale and decided to meet him at work before heading down. I've know Feras for sometime now...met him while I was working at Fry's in Anaheim. He's gone on and cleaned up his act and is now the Department Manager at the Sunnyvale location. Its been a couple years since I last saw him, but I had to do it...since he just got married. I was happy for him and just wanted to make sure I got to see him before I headed home.
When Sam and I finally got to Sunnyvale, he was busy as usual. He couldn't leave from work..so we just caught up a bit before sam and I left...with the promise that he would head down to visit soon.
So overall, it was a nice trip to Northern Cali. Realized I don't like driving over bridges. Spent a lot of time just thinking about things. Subject for a different blog. Otherwise...I think thats all for now. Time to check on Cube.
Sunday, July 14, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment