Friday, October 22, 2004

Oh how the "mighty" have fallen

I feel I've always been a fan of the underdog. It takes a lot to come from behind and win a truly deserving victory...and its happened twice this year that the underdog has prevailed.

Its started with the Lakers (which i usually hate cuz they are hardly ever the underdogs). After already winning back to back championships (but losing to the Spurs the previous year - yeah!) and having 2 superstars in Shaq and Kobe (superstar?? - cough)...they overpowered their team with Malone and Payton. Guaranteed ring supposedly...esp for malone who deserves it..and payton..well..he's been there long enough. (sorry..still hating on payton at least...malone i've grown to appreciate a lil better). But what happened?...well...a real team happened. Detroit Pistons.

So..now even more recently.

I'm not a big baseball fan...actually don't watch it too much. I remember the days of Dodger fever and watching Steve Garvey and Steve Sax...and going to Dodger stadium with my family. Those were fun times. But lately...I've been watching the Red Sox. Mostly because my work is based out of Boston and they are die hard fans there. I've actually found baseball to be very interesting again....all the way down to the last innings.

Anyways..the "mighty" of this league...the overpaid, overpowered NY Yankees. Think your checkbook could win you the World Series...think again Steinbrenner. It was heart and determination..and the love of fans that took Boston into the history books in winning the pennant...after being down 3-0 in the series...and years of torment from the Yankees. Go Red Sox..

So...this post is dedicated to the people that really put themselves into things....The 2002 angels (that was a great win), 2004 Detroit Pistons, 2004 Boston Red SOX, your teachers who really don't get paid enough for what they do, your trashperson who picks up YOUR crap, your parents/friends who put up with you, everyone else in the world that isn't really truly appreciated for what they do...and expecially your family who loves you regardless of knowing you.

Humm..this post started as a poke on the overbearing...but ended up finding whats really important....a person's heart.

GO RED SOX

*disclaimer. Not to say that the Yankees, Giants, Lakers don't have heart...but i think they are just too full of themselves at times. (man..i can see the flame war now)

No comments: