Out with the old...
As with much good things, some of them have to come to an end...we celebrate the good times we had. Times change and so do we...but we still remember the past..and what it means to us. Each moment in time...are etched in this thing we call life...and its best to enjoy every second of it as it comes to past...so...in much of this melodramatic mode...i would like to sadly retire things of mine..that have gone on riding into the sunset.
My radio. I was the first in the family to get a CD player..and this would be that system. It was really important in those days to have DUAL cassette..since u need it to copy anything. I used all the money i saved up from holidays, red envelopes, kissing lola, whatever. It was my first major purchase at $199.99. I remember my first CDs were Janet Jackson "Rhythm Nation" and Madonna's "Like a Prayer" (which my cousin Zandy later took). Well..its still sorta worked...till the wires to one speaker burnt..and we tried to fix it. Now..the CDs tend to skip..and teh casing is falling apart. It will likely get replaced (when i need eventually need one) with one that plays mp3s or something...but yeah...you served me well radio (can u believe it was a crappy brand and it lasted soo long. Go sound-design)
Next ones are the shoes that I've been wearing for years now.
Bought at an indoor swap meet. Still fits ok..but feels really soft..and time to decommission.
One of my favorite all purpose shoes. Goes with a lot of things..and sadly just doesnt' fit well anymore.
And sadly..the Kswiss. Its made it thru years of AX and APO conventions. Comfortable..and durable..its finally gotten holy. I have another pair of Kswiss..but they are pristine white..and only come out on special times =p
So...i could only retire them if i picked up some new kicks...so introducing
Yeah..kinda cool... The browns ones i've been looking at for a while..and since I've been changing the wardrobe to that color. The blue ones are more multipurpose. Just need to decide on the color laces for each one. (I've heard that sketchers is actually owned by the former LA Gear people...which explains the multiple laces). Right now I'm thinking Blue laces on teh blue shoes..and brown laces on the brown ones (basically..not using the white laces).Anyways..it was rather cool buying these. I was shopping..realized the salesperson was Filipino so i started talking to him in Tagalog. Well..u know where that led to. =) $10 Discount...so not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment