Thursday, November 18, 2004

State of the world...

Sometimes....i feel i would be happy just living on an island. Blame it on the melancholy mood i've been in today...but taking a step back to look at things....i wonder if that would be so bad an idea.
I had a nice talk with my dad this past weekend, while we were working on things for the house. He said i think too much...take too many things into play...and that i should just do what I want to do. I tend to think that is what i do...but i am influenced by the people and things around me. We don't live in a vacuum...but sometimes i wish we did.

Anyways..look at today's perspective...and understand my view. Bush is president, but the rest of the world thinks we're the idiots. (ok..they're british..what do they know anyways). I can now shoot an animal over the internet. A monday nite football promo turns into the call to return to family values, memories of janet at the superbowl, prepared "apologies" already set since the value of the publicity this got is way more than ABC could have imagined. Dang..its thursday and they still are talking about it (plus the obligatory Race card reference). BTW...isn't there a war going on? And people, anyone , are still dying...no matter who pulls the trigger.(even aid workers) I think the biggest joke i've ever heard was the "Rules of War"*shakes head*.Ugg.

Then i take a breath..and just look at the day to day accomplishments. I built a 5 shelve bookshelf last nite. I'm getting more stuff done there in general. Plus I'll be taking next week off to try to relax. Jojo's wedding is Saturday, so that should be fun. Karen and I are doing just fine...and i can't wait to see her again. I learned that i am very appreciated at work..and even sought after to work somewhere else.

Well..i'm tired...i'm getting off this soapbox now and heading home.

No comments: