Thursday, March 14, 2002

Hey everybody....I know its been sometime since the last update...so here's a couple things to mention.

1. Got Apache? - Got the webserver running in a test environment. Now gotta test to see if I can learn how to host the pages on it. BTW...Tried to do it with Red Hat...3 times. With Mandrake...first try. I'll figure that one out when I have more time.

2. Been really busy working at CEI and plus I started working Sundays at CSULA. Add to that I'm the network consultant for my old elementary school...so my plate of duties is quite full. Sadly I still feel that I need to find a more stable job and something I can enjoy more....which leads me into "3."

3. Virginia, Hawaii, or Anaheim? I've been sending out Resumes for sometime now..but with this economy..things haven't been great. Mostly half-heartedly, I'm just seeing what is out there. If I really feel pressured..the I'll push even more. With that in mind, I did get an email from Northrop Grumman. Itz a government support company just like the one I was working for prior to CEI. They are interested in me primarily due to my security clearance, but for whatever reason it may be...this is a genuine opportunity. Initially, they felt I may fit in a position in Virginia. The recent email stated that they have some opportunities in Hawaii and in a few weeks in Anaheim. So I've come to this crossroad in my life to try to determine where I want to be. Traveling is interesting..but do I really want to leave everything here behind?

oops...gotta get back to class...I'll write more later.

No comments: