Friday, March 15, 2002

What is it about Age?

I was sitting online yesterday chatting with a college friend and we were just catching up. Talking about anything and everything, we eventually get to the topic of relationships. We were talking about where we meet people, and she made me realize that since the bulk of my activities involve APO...I tend to hang around college students the most.

(personal monologue)Now personally...age is nothing but a number to me. While growing up, I always favored my older cousins that would always spend time and play games with us...even though we were sometimes a decade apart in age. For me, I always remain true to myself and stay young at heart. Sometimes I even forget my age. It really bugs me at times when people make an issue of it. I look more at maturity and how one handles themselves.(/personal monologue)

So my friend Kathy comes down from Stockton for her spring break tour. Disneyland is one of her stops, so that give me the opportunity to see her again. Since she’s APO...we decide it would be cool to get the UCI members to come out…to hang out. So we decided to go to Downtown Disney. It was when that changed to Dave and Busters that I realized that just about everyone in UCI petitioning group is under 21. I’d have to say I have been spending most of my time with the UCI group...but I didn’t even realize that some of the people I have been hanging out with the most…were under 21. Again… it didn’t make a difference to me…but I just didn’t realize it.

Fast forward to the next day…at my work’s graduation ceremony. There I get comments that I look too young to be an Instructor and usually get mistaken as one of the students who are graduating that day.

So I don’t know… Just being me…no matter how old I am.

No comments: