Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Ahh…a quiet day.

Today was a good day at work. No real problems came up. Got good comments on a suggestion I made to the IT Staff...I got a lot of sleep...woke up late...and still made it on time. All in all a really good day.

So now that I have some time...(as I did all day today)...let me hit you with some highlights.

Job/Career - really nice. Type of company I can retire with. No longing for something else...(well maybe different hours).. Secure career, family like atmosphere, good company. Let me put it to you this way. When I park in the parking structure...my wheels squeak because the floor of the complex is just that clean...yeah. ^_^ I already have tickets to 2 Kings games (anyone interested in going?) and was told the company usually buys Lakers tickets for outings (hopefully they'll be playing the 76ers). Really cool group. Besides all this craziness the first week and a half...I was told that was more work than the last guy had in the past 3 years. So I'm hoping things will remain relatively calm.

APO - Came back from SRW in Kansas City. It was really cool. Got to meet a bunch of people...catch up with old friends (iowa/midwestern girls...yeah ^_^) Really good workshops...and just chillin Region X style. Hanging out with the Rabanera Bros and Anna...plus Region X staff peeps. Introduced Kansas City to the Tokyo Tea. Became the life of the party at that bar (of course this has nothing to do with the actual SRW conf...because APO is a dry fraternity). Actually got to hang out at the National Office. That was dope. So much history...in a location behind the local Discount store. (honest) I knew that the first time I stopped by (2 years ago…early plane trip before it opened)...but this was the first time I was actually able to enter. Really cool stuff.


This week will be CPW (dang...all these letters). Now I get to hang with the actives. Kickin it at UCLA. Should be a lot of fun and planning on running wild (hopefully). Cheesy, Anna will be coming down from norcal. Bunch of peeps from SF and Voltaire...New people = new opportunity...err people ^_^. Rich, Jeanne (happy now =p), Francis, Kelly, John, Anh, the Rabanera bros, and many others. I'm running a workshop...and I always make it fun. We're in charge of Sat night’s event...so we'll have to see what happens. Hope were not stuck in the dorms...but either way we're with brothers. Too bad I may be passing up a Sexy Fashion show at a club on Fri night...but we'll see what happens.=(

I’ve started people working on the APO Winter Formal Cruise. That something I have always wanted to have. Checking prices show it can be fairly pricey…but I have three very capable girls working on it (Cheesy, Grace, and Anita). More info on that to come.

Upcoming posts…Magic Mountain with AX Security.

No comments: