So a couple weeks ago I went to chill with the AX crew. It was a lot of fun being able to just hang out with everyone. I guess I find my live is primarily work and APO. Anime expo provided for me another outlet to meet people and just hang out. I was hesitant about doing expo this year, only because of certain people or wondering how I would be viewed. I do my job, but I guess some people may have felt as if I was stepping on toes. Either way I was glad I did it. It was great to see old friends again and this year we kicked ass. I was "recruiting" con goers to help regulate the line, met some new people on staff, escorted a japanese singer w/ dancers, and also got a free signed CD from them. ^_^
Magic Mountain is our traditional after-con get-together. It was a lot of fun...although hella hot. Got there and just chilled thru most of the rides. You know...it was all about hanging out. I didn't even remember that there were two new rides opened that I had never been on (and didn't ride that day either). Sam was supposed to go with us, but wasn't feeling too well (see her post about the ear-ache). We rode Roaring Rapids (and this time I did get wet), Riddlers Revenge, Goliath and Colossus. I guess I have always felt like an outsider to this group. Most of them are out in the Oxnard/Ventura area, which is about a hour and a half north of cerritos. They are all from the same anime club and started working as AX security before I joined. I've been with them the past 4 years now...and things are good. Now that I'm in Westwood now...will likely be hanging out with them more.
Monday, August 19, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment