Monday, August 12, 2002

Arrg...I had a post on Fri...but hit the wrong button. Oh well....

So...finally had time to go ahead and update this. For those that don't know...I did get the job. You are now looking at the Senior Technical Operations Support Person for the LA location of Charles River Associates. (www.crai.com). Basically I'm the computer/network guy for the office. Been a crazy first week. Lets see...started out on my day with the network connection to the Internet crashing. Nothing I could do on my part…but not the best way to start the week. Then as I tried to recover thru the week, just a series of other problems came up. The most difficult part about this is that the person I replaced is not around. Didn't get much of a training, so much of this is crash course figuring out how things are being run as well as who to call when things don't work out. Just stumbling thru things myself.

Surprisingly too, No matter when I leave the house...it seems to take at least an hour to get to work. My job hours are 10-7 so it cuts traffic a little...as well as cuts much of my social time. I guess there had to be a trade off for the better job and security.

I miss Orange County. I went to a UCI meeting...and could immediately feel better once I hit that portion of the 5 freeway. A lot more relaxed...i don't know. I just hope that this company eventually moves into OC.

Cube is doing a lot better...mainly thanks to his physical therapist (my sister samantha). She's keeping him under strict guard…but now has him stumbling on all four paws. Not 100% yet...but a good 50-60%.

Still really busy getting used to everything...and stuff going on weekends. I'll update more as I get more time...which hopefully will be soon.
Things to talk about…SRW, CPW (this weekend), Magic Mountain.

Special Shout outs
Grace - Hey...you may not feel it...but you are definitely missed. I hope you're having fun in Europe. Enjoy ^_^..and come back soon.
Justin - Punk...ditching me and CPW...but I know it was for something better (^_^)
Cheesy - See you this weekend.
Al - Update your block Jedi Squire.
Rachel - I'll get your letter to you. Hope things go well in the PI. Check this spot for messages.
Will - Happy Bday...I called you...but figured I'd post here too.
UCLA crew - I'm back in westwood. Let me know whenever you want to hang out.
Anyone else...um...yeah...just watch the spot for more updates.
I need to put up a comment system and ability to email...but something to work on later.

No comments: