Here's the short and long version.
Short version: Friday sucked...mostly.
Long version: prepare for useless rant...less you really have nothing to do. =p ...or you're just that interested.
/rant/ Well...it started out Thursday night...when I went with the company to the Lakers Playoff game. You're probably thinking..."yeah it sucked cuz the Lakers lost"...but thats not really it for me. I came to watch a good game...and that it was. Personally...usually find myself as the Anti-Laker... Philly 76ers Baby ^_^. Well...parking we hell. Parked like 3 blocks from the Staples center at $10 and had to "tip" someone from the area to watch my car...after the owner left at 8pm. No pressure he says...although I'm sure he would have been the one breaking windows if I didn't say I'd tip him on the way back. I saw the other parking lots go from $10 to $15...and up to $30 before I even got in the Staples center. Game was fun...chilled with my homie from back in the days...and just caught up. Really good game...although the Lakers lost =p
So anyways, I wake up late Friday. Not usually that big an issue...but yeah. On my way to work, I call in and let them know I'm running late. In return I found out that my most important user/Boss in the office has already called and was looking for me. (anxiety level shoots up). Lets just say that pretty much everything in the office revolves around this man...and tends to want things done yesterday...if you know what I mean. So...as I hear this...I usually drop everything to help him out. Now I'm in the car...thinking/worrying...as I race to work.
Once I get there, I find out that his Sony computer that I'm about to send out for repairs still has his financial (quicken) information on it, information that he currently needs. (Back-story...this is his 3rd Sony computer that has the same recalled power-supply problem. Yes... I have sent all three back, each time it crashed.) Hours on the phone with sony...but that was a different crazy day. Anyways, in order for me to do this, I have to take the machine apart, and jimmy it to another computer. I was able to take the necessary data off and email him (12ish). He wasn't able to check it then, but said he would later that night. Being on the safe side, i suggested I hold the computer till he can verify he got it, as it would likely take a couple days for it to get back. He said, send it out today...and hopefully someone will get to it over the weekend. (not sure if Sony works weekends...but I doubt it).
So...new stress is to make sure box and computer are packed before FedEx comes by. Stress, Stress, Stress. I finish packing it...and realize its about lunch time.
( Geez...this is gonna be long. F-this...shortened version now...if u're really that bored...then u can hit me up online...but trust me...not that interesting)
I order from Denny's. Walk down to pick it up. Come back to the office to realize they gave me wrong order. Going down elevator, hit every floor...cuz i realized I left the incorrect order at the office. Went back to pick it up. Walked back to exchange, realized I left my wallet at the office. Fortunately, they just gave me my order...and didn't charge me. Ate lunch (3ish).
After a tiring/frazzled day, I went to my car, dropped off my office keys and picked up my bowling shoes. We had an company Bowling event that nite, and I was hitching a ride with my coworker. Started to walk to his place, when I get a call from my Boss saying he didn't get the quicken files he needed off the sony computer. Then i realized that I was already a good 10 minute walk from the office...and arrrrr. Yeah...that feeling.
My coworker changes for the evenings event...we drive back to the office, almost try to get into the office without my keys (fortunately my coworker had his), and I send the file. Man...whatta day. But it doesn't end there.
We attend the Bowling event at Universal Citywalk. Cool place...and mostly just hanging out. Got to sport my Simpson's Bowling shirt courtesy of my bro and sis. ^_-. My one office mate was over an hour late...but I'm glad she finally made it. Overall, that was a good time. Got top score (165), but then again...no one else in my company really bowls. Next stop was to hang with my friends at a club in Pasadena.
Yes...i keep a busy schedule. =)
So my friend and i arrive at the club, to meet up with the other 23 people in our group that have already been there. It was "okay". A click2asia event branded as professional singles event to meet other professional singles. Really not a lot going on there. What killed it that nite was when this one girl from my fraternity that I knew from Riverside, comes up and says hi. Then proceeds to talk about how she was drunk and wondered why I haven't called/talked to her in so long. Then she wants to dance. Honestly...i know this girl wants me...but I don't share the same feelings. She goes back with her group...and I danced with her a bit later on during the nite...but nothing much. So yeah...nothing of interest at the club...or anyone that I really wanted to talk to. Kinda wack honestly..but yeah.
oh yeah...the punch to the stomach.
Well…towards the end of the night, the same girl comes up again...bugging me.
PunchyGirl -"you haven't talked to me in soo long. I don't even have your email or cell phone number anymore"
Ray - "oh...thats ok...i don't have yours anymore either"
And there you have it. Right after that I got a punch to the stomach. Not too bad. I didn't reel in pain in the middle of the club or anything...hahaha...well...that would have sucked. I'd blame it on the alcohol...or unrequited interest...either way...it was just the topper for the day of hell./end rant/
Update: Boss gives me the free sony clie...for all my efforts with his computers.
Currently Listening to: Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous - Good Charlotte
Mood: cheerful.
No comments:
Post a Comment