Sunday, December 19, 2004

Xmas coming...but am i excited?

Hey friends...sitting here in Northampton, Massachusettes and typing on a mac of all things. ewww. Well, I'm out this week "picking up" Karen from school...and flying back home to nice warm California on Wed. Its "ok" out here. Definately colder...but for the most part a quaint little town. Smith college is a nice school...with definately a nice New England feel. Brick buildings and cottage style architecture. The pond and waterfall make a nice touch. I bet its prettier...when the pond isn't so iced over..or the sun shines thru the trees once full of leaves. It also just started snowing tonite..and expected to continue thru tomorrow. Overall, its been a good trip so far. I'm a bit dissappointed since i lost my mp3 player on the way over or something. arrgg..I hate it when i lose things. For the most part...just trying to relax. So..basically sleeping and eating.

Anyways... the topic of this was about xmas. I dont' know...really just not feeling it so far. Its a bit different coming home (this time in MPK)..and not seeing family...especially this time of year. I love the fact the my neighbors are getting the spirit of the season. The lights are really pretty and even my aunt put up her tree. As for me, my house is still a mess. Visions of computer pieces strewn all about the floor. Next year will be better..(so i say). This world has gotten so commercialized...all i see are sales and guarenteed pre-xmas delieveries. I wish this "season of caring" would actually just happen year round for people. Why now..and not in july? I guess its just nice overall...that people care to help out their fellow man.

Personally..i think i just want to sit by the fire with family and actually sing xmas songs this year...while sipping on hot cider or hot chocolate. For now, I think i'll need to load up on the Xmas spirit and watch ELF and "Its a wonderful life".

No comments: