Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A new start...

Well...I'm not much for New Years Resolutions. If you sincerely believe in change you can do that at anytime,but hey...the new year is a pretty good catalyst. So..let me see what this past year has brought me.

Last year i was working in Westwood. Company pretty good and me getting comfortable since i had been there for a year. Still somewhat active in APO stuff, since we'd just come off the Regionals conference in Long Beach. Was fairly socially active with my friends from OC and SD. If i remember correctly..that December Bday party was one to definately remember. My brother decided to open up to me during regionals about things in his life, especially since we had just reconciled. I had to deal with two close friends that had parted ways. I was frustrated with life at home. I saved a lot...but had to deal with a lot as well. Looking back at the blog, I was writing each day..and actually had a lot of things to say (plus tried to hit the gym each day). I was watching RENT and the Producers...and weekly movies at my cousin's theater. Getting out and going to events...but still without that special someone in my life. It wasn't for lack of trying...but i just didnt' connect with anyone. Questioned on love as a whole...but was re-affirmed by my friend bryan (nov). Actually hung out with Al sometimes. The VAC/AX/PMX group was still somewhat cohesive. The Chomps Sushi crew and 5th Wave was a monthly joy. Christmas time was in the air...music was playing. It was a good year..

This year in review, been quite different. I finally decided to strike out on my own. After much research and saving, bought a house in Monterey Park - across the street from where i grew up. Did it all on my own, with only advice from family and friends... Simply trusted my realtor. Still in a bit of paranoia about not being able to afford it. (i'm freezing at nite cus of the cost to heat up the whole house...especially when its just me). Thank goodness for my aunt's electric blanket.
I'm still with the same company...and its still pretty good...but also been offered twice a new opportunity that seems really good. Just questioning if i want to take another leap of faith again.
Been out of the APO loop for some time now. I still talk to a couple people here and there...but haven't been active at all. Losing contact with al, ed, bren, sharon and all the people i was close to. (ok..not so much bren..since i see him online and we chat almost daily). Stopped my 5 years of AX Security...and joined the PMX team. Didn't really give up on AX since i just wanted to lessen my role (rejoined later in a different department). I started becoming a reculse. Drawing away from the world..and just getting into the routine of going to work..and going home. Didn't see any of my friends...and the only people i talked to were those on my buddy list. Not sure where my brother and I are at...things are just awkward. I'm regaining my sense of family from my move to Monterey Park. Having meals with my aunts and cousins...hearing auntie poyche tell me stories about my mom, my aunts and uncles, and growing up in the philippines. Found love with Karen in july...and getting used to being in a relationship again. Its nice...and things are going well. Becoming a handy man around the house. Had to figure out the fireplace and flip the circuit breaker without calling my dad. It has been nice though working with my dad on various house projects (motion sensor lights). Gaining a new appreciation for everything...and seeing the beauty in simple things.

So..where to now.

A bunch of things i've "said" i wanted to do...maybe its time to just list them. That way i can finally knock them off along the way. I'll have to put these on a seperate webpage and keep them in front of me.

1. Put up my own personal website - (training c/o Clint)
2. Blog and work-out daily again - (starting Jan 1)
3. Learn to cook and eat healthier
4. Get back into community service
5. Make a list of things i want to do, before i die/age. (NY ball drop, NO Marti Gras)
6. Make a list of places I want to go (Carribean, China, Europe)
7. Read more books
8. Finish the house before 1 year anniversary of ownership (May 1)
9. More do it yourself tasks around the house.
10. No more "cheapy" text happy holiday messages. Actually calling up friends and having conversations.
11. Learn more...picking up a new interest.

Ok..thats a start.
Lets see how we go from here...but its already looking good.

-excelsior

No comments: