Saturday, January 01, 2005

And so it begins...

Well..2005 has started..and its going ok. I took care of some work at the school...before opting to head home to family....only to find that my brother and sister were out...and my cousins sitting and watching TV. I remembered how i "vowed" last year that i didn't want to do this anymore..the quiet home celebration...while my friends were all out tipsy-ing the nite away. It actually was my impetus to find my own place.

Thing is...its a part of me. From the unusual tradition of opening up windows or my mom banging pots...it has been my mom's family tradition. I can't say it will be that way forever...but for 2004..I wanted it to be family.

Anyways...after the midnite count down...we proceeded to play Disney Scene it. Glad everyone got into it..and samantha came up as the winner. It was nice having everyone around again.

I was hoping to get that midnite kiss from Karen this year...but she was off with friends and unfortunately my phone has crappy reception here. I'll just have to collect on it later.

Anyways..as far as next new years...we'll see if my house is ready for it. Personally, I'm opting to host it next year..so its definitely not going to be quiet.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: