Err...so disappointed. Did you know when a company says they will keep your resume "on file" for a year or so...the don't really mean it.
I had applied at CSULA for an Information Tech position last year. I got the confirmation letter but was never called in for an interview. Of course the letter said they would keep the application on file for 3 years in case anything came up. Well yesterday I found the letter..and decided to call them. Obviously they had already filled the position...so I asked if there were any other Tech positions open. She then proceeds to tell me that since November, two other Infomation Tech positions had opened and now intereviewing. I asked.."Since my resume was on file...was I also applied to those positions?" she said no. I would still have to apply individually for each one.
So honestly? Whats the point in keeping the resume..if you don't look at it anyway? So for all those fellow job hunters out there...just keep applying.
Thursday, February 28, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment