Now for the second story....good news but a bit scary. I suggest you read the bad news (previous post) first...so at least you can end in a good note.
Monday, I'm going under the knife. After thinking about it for the longest time, I am going to get lasik surgery done. I've been wearing glasses now since the 1988. This will be a big change for me. I did my research and have many friends this particular field. I've heard all the success stories...as well as the disasters. Actually..its rather interesting...a while back..when I was deciding to do the surgery...fox news ran a story about lasik disasters. I mean...come on now...these are your eyes. You mess them up...it will drastically change your life. When your looking for lasik surgery..don't let price be your only concern. So going back..I was watching this news segment on lasik...and how some people had actually come out with worse vision after the surgery. So of course this made me wary. The good news is that the doctor that "corrected" these vision disasters is the doctor that will be performing my surgery ^_^. So I'm really happy about that.
So ... Monday is the day.. I'm looking forward to it with fear and excitement. I made it thru the check up and was told I am an ideal candidate. Even with all these re-assurances ... it still is an operation. The process will be about an hour..and I have full vision that same day. So when I SEE you again...it will be without glasses.
here is an article with some risks indicated...but it does have a cool flash animation showing the procedure.
Sunday, February 10, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment