Got to meet my assistant manager today. The meeting was pretty cool. I guess since my IT superiors pretty much leave me alone to manage the office...i've been very self-sufficient. Therefore visits from my bosses makes me a bit uneasy. The nice thing about it though is i work with really cool people.
spent most of the day packing...cuz this will be the weekend of the move. Why does everything have to happen now. (reason why i'm awake right now...is i'm missing the Kill Bill 2 premiere that my cousins are at due to this move...as well as the close call movie premiere). So...its the ADT reunion. I am looking forward to seeing some old school peeps there...especially those from my time there. I truly wished that this event would be spectacular =p, and still do...but i'm not feeling it right now. I guess i am hoping for a lot. I don't doubt that the chapter has put a lot of effort into it...but i can only wish there was more for me to look forward to. Shit....i'm giving up Laker Playoff Tickets to go....*shakes head*
There was a time in my life when APO took it over...i never said it did...and i truly don't believe that....but the fact of the matter is that it is true. I believe in the principles..and rather just talk about it....i live it......or more like...vice versa. I can't get away from APO...since the principles reflect me. I remember passing up events that i really wanted to go to...just cuz i felt i "needed" to go to banquets, conferences, etc. Those events were always fun since i got to see people again...but many a times...it was banquet over family, friends and/or other things.
The one thing I have learned though, is not to get overwhelmed again. Since giving up the section chair responsibility, i've been able to be more at ease and recollect the other aspects of my life. I concentrate more at work (mainly cuz of this move) and am reconnecting with my family and other friends. I still plan on being out to various events and such...but now more because i want to...as opposed to feeling like i have to.
Thursday, April 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment