May 10...its Friday!! Countdown of 4 more days after tonite...till I'm done working nights. I have already finished the class...now its just finding projects to do to help the students become more confident in their skills. They have been great...its just that I want to get to do other things at night again. ^_^
Got some APO drama/issues going on in my chapters in the section. Disappointed that I am stuck in class and unable to go out and help personally…but there are quite a bit of leaders developing through these trials and tribulations. I just hope they are ready for those challenges...but it is those challenges that will make them better leaders.
So now for the words of wisdom...or ray's ranting...and today’s issue will be....LIFE.
So I'm driving to work today...running a bit late (as usual)...and I notice these trucks on the freeway. They were for the abortionNO.org site. I intentionally did not link it...its not a pretty picture...and neither were the pictures they used on the side of the trucks (2 of them) to "promote" (for lack of a better work) their issue. I'm not looking for a debate on this one...but I'm pretty middle of the road on this one. It just got me thinking about life...and here's why.
I had just gotten of the phone yesterday with one of my friends. She had called sounding somewhat upset. Once I broke through the small talk, I learned that one of her close friends had attempted suicide. The reason for the attempt was over a failed relationship. Thankfully...she had intervened and prevented any irreversible harm...but still...I was in shock. First off for my friend...college student and all around great girl...the fact that she had to endure this. Life is hard enough and having to deal with other people thinking of giving up their own. No one should have to go thru that. Secondly, for the friend that was attempting suicide. OH MY GOD!! (SMACK). Can anything be that bad that it is worth giving up everything? I see people everyday, and know that they all have the potential to be so much. I know relationships can be tough...trust me I know. To end it all over a guy/girl that doesn't see the real beauty within. It would be their loss. Honestly. But suicide has to be the most selfish act one can do. Do you not realize that there are so many people around that care for you? If you ever question it...then realize this. I'll miss you. I don't care if I never even meet you...the world is at a loss without you. You may not realize this…but its true.
(Sigh) (breathe) (Sigh)..whoa. Ok...got a little too involved in that one. Remember this is behind the smile. Can't put a smiley face on everything. Just writing that down I started thinking of close friends of my own that were thinking the same thing...and I'll even admit myself that there was a point when it crossed my mind. Hey…we're only human...and sometimes challenges seem overwhelming. But toughen up…and be strong. Find someone to be there for you in support. If you are anyone I know that reads this blog...I'll be there for you.
Life is precious...in any form. Take time to just experience it. While walking past a co-workers office this morning...I actually stopped to smell the roses on her desk (yeah clique, but still.). Its a nice day outside (hopefully)...take an hour out and go to the beach (if you are close to one). Live life. Take chances. Experience it. It only happens once...so enjoy it while you have it. I don't care if you are 8 or 88 years old...take and experience each day...no regrets.
-excelsior-
Friday, May 10, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment