
Soo...there you have it everyone...one more to go..and its gonna be an exciting one. I don't remember the last time I've been so hyped about the Finals. Less about the fact that I'm a Laker hater, but really..the core of it all..i think the reason i enjoy this Finals is about how Larry Brown coaches. I mean...the reason why i hate the Lakers is mainly about Kobe. Now..dont' get me wrong..he's definately got skills...and if i ever had to choose someone for a pick up game...i'd want him on my team. But really..thats all the current Lakers really are....Shaq and Kobe. I have much respect for the "non-stars" of the Lakers...Fisher, Walton, past members Van Excel, Jones, Horry...those are all players..with team in mind. Just doesn't seem that way with the Lakers now..and we can see that in these finals. Ohh..and honestly the thing that pissed me off the most was acquiring Malone and Payton. As if you didn't have enough "star" power..lets just over power. Funny thing..doesn't seem to have paid off so far.
Enter the Pistons. I'll admit, before the Finals even started, i figured the Lakers had it again... Didn't really know the Pistons..and really didn't care. I was actually hoping more that the Timberwolves would have taken it as far as teams in these finals...but then..i watched...and i was impressed.
These players..are a team. Passes, fundamentals, basically..they scored. They killed the Laker offense..and simply scored at will. It was nothing fancy. Most of their players are relative unknowns....but hey..they're up 3-1 over the Laker Destiny Team with 4 future Hall of Famers.
Soo..the only sad thing is see...is no more Basketball games..till next year. Hopefully Andre will start up that league and i can start balling again. I'll see if i can sport the Iverson again...for Larry Brown. Now..if Jackson can go coach the Clippers to a championship..then i'll be impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment