Sunday, November 11, 2001

Friday was a wash. Some good news and some not so good news. Overall it was a good day. First...the bad news. So I called in for this telephone interview. I was psyching myself up about this company. A long standing financial company and according to my friend a really good place to work for. I was a bit hesitant because he told me they were very conservative, but I figured I'd try anyway. So I'm racing home after my coworkers going away party (sniff) and I brush up on the company history to make sure I knew something about them. Then I make the call. She's not in...but then again..I called 5 minutes too early. (hey..I was nervous). I left a message and waited again to call. About 8 minutes later, I call again. This time she's in. Great! I ask her how she was doing and hoped that she was feeling better (small talk..breaking the nervousness). She says she's fine and doing better. Then she proceeds to tell me that they liked the resume but they had already filled the position. I was like...ok. She thanked me for my interest and said they would keep my resume on file and would contact me if they found a match. I was like....ok...and said thank you. She then hung up.
So I'm sitting there...thinking...WTF? What just happened?
So I call her back...thanked her again...told her I was just a little taken aback since I thought I was going to have an interview. I then asked her to comment on my resume and basically ask why I wasn't chosen. Overall..it went well...and I did send a thank you card (very important)...but that was pretty much the bad news.
Now for the good news...actually two of them.
First off..it was my cousin Alfred's birthday. So I went out to dinner with family. I'm really happy for my cousin. Ever since he was a child, he always had the kindest heart. Even if he just got a new toy..he would give it up to make someone else happy. He's always been around here for me...saving me from boredom at home.and just overall kicking it. Of all my cousins, he's probably one of my closest friends.
Secondly, I got to talk to another close friend on Friday. I actually hadn't talked to her for quite sometime...but we were always close. She actually falls into a bigger category than friend..since she's the only other person besides christine that I've really sought a relationship with. Her name is vivian and I met her through APO in Davis. I'll spare the details for a different day on our whole friendship...but she was definately someone that I felt really close to. Over time as I got to know her, I just kept falling for her more and more. Besides being pretty (damn...and I know you may read this.)..she was definately a lot more than that. Our relationship was mostly based on our deep conversations over ICQ (e-relationship..humm). Well...my attempts at building a relationship just werent't mutual. We always had fun..and I still make her smile (sigh)..but distance was a problem for her. I still care deeply for her and just hearing her voice again made my heart leap. At the same time...I'm resigned to my role in the wings...as she is with someone else now. We're still friends..and I'm just happy for that. =). There's a lot more to this story...but I think I'll wait to tell it....keep you all in suspense.

No comments: