Saturday was a good day.
First off...I went to a service project. Its been a while since I've actually gone to a service project. Well..this one was at the Ronald McDonald House. The UCI group had arranged to go to the house and bake cookies for the residents. I wasn't all to sure if I wanted to go (since I have work that I still haven't completed)..but I went anyway. It was cool. First off..I was the human dough kneader and mixers. That 'ish is just killer on the wrists...but it really wasn't that bad. I was actually kinda bored with the simple dough kneading and baking so I decided to do a lil exploring at the home. That is where I met Desiree. I think she must have been about 10 or so. I really feel the need to connect to people...and baking cookies just wasn't enough. So I started talking to Desiree..but she was more interested in the cartoon she was watching (I seem to have this problem with most girls =p ). I decided to ask if she wanted to help out...so that peaked her interest and she decided to join us.
After I got her involved....she decided to bring in her step sister Rebecca. Later we got a number of the employees involved in decorating the cookies. Thats when it got to be even more fun. Well...if you know me...I can be fairly mature (debatable)....but if it were my choice...I'm more childlike (immature). So of course...I started a semi-food fight. I smeared a bit of frosting on Nancy, then Anita...then it just went around to everyone. Next thing I knew, I was running around the living room, avoiding getting iced by Linda and Anita. Even the employees turned on me throwing sprinkles at me. Oh man..too crazy... We cleaned up and took a tour of the building..that was about it. It was fun.
After the service project, I went out to a going away party for one of my coworkers. It is actually someone at CEI that I feel very close to. She was the person who hired me and was always my confidant at work. You always need those people...the ones that make the day go by faster. Her farewell party was at a place called Sing Sing. I was a little worried at first. I knew it was a interactive singing place...but I was told that if they catch you not singing...you become center-stage. The songs were dope...the pianos players were sooo funny. It was great. I had a good time...something I haven't had in a while. I'll miss ya Ramona =(
Sunday, November 18, 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment