Friday, March 12, 2004

Self - Analysis

So...again we come up with the eternal question...about relationships and love. I thank the many people around me that have shared their opinions and views on the topic...and with a lot of soul searching..this is what i've come up with....as far as my inability to be in a relationship. (wow..kinda odd when i write it like that)..

Well...lets start with that. Very ironic, being that throughout my life, i've always seen myself as the relationship type. My main goal in life has been to raise a family....thats why i wanted to get the good job, where i could have time for kids, etc. At times I honestly wished my parents had betroved me to someone early in life. I guess i thought I could make a relationship work with anyone. I also wasn't a big fan of the dating idea, mostly cuz was never too keen on the idea of meeting people...making ties...then breaking up (cuz of course..dating was the love 'em and leave them mentality - least when i thought about it). I mean..come on...how can you go out with someone for a date...and if u don't think u "jive", just not call them anymore. Why? cuz if you call them back..then they may think u want to pursue something. (ok..That could be a core problem in my mentality..but hey...its my psychosis...i'm analyzing here =p).

Anyways, I've been the strong shoulder many times for girls after their relationships had ended...so i never wanted to be the guy to do that to someone. Guess its naive to think that we could go through this world without getting hurt...but then again..remember i'm a disney kid =p. This is supported in my mentality of me being the prince here to save the princess...and of course..happily ever after. Is that really me... honestly... yeah. I'll admit I'm no saint...but i do what i can to make this place a better world. (guess reading all those life of saints growing up puts an impression on you).

So..where does that leave us now.. The stereotypical good guy (that one you root for in all the movies and such...that the audience recognizes..but the love interest never does - till the end that is). Thing is... this is no movie...and who's to know when the story will end (I've already heard the Nice guys finish last shit). I got all the supporting aspects taken care of (income, hopefully a home soon, stability)....funny how along the way i missed the part about finding someone. Well...that will be the subject of the future post...on dating.

No comments: