Friday, March 05, 2004

Someday my prince(ss) will come...

Ahh..i can only wish i guess. Today i took the day off of work just to get things done...and just relax. Started out hella early dropping of the family at LAX for their Disney Cruise of the Caribbean. Then..of course...my mom can never leave the house without assigning things for someone else to do. Afterwards, i went back to sleep for a bit..then eventually woke up around noon.

Did some shopping...and decided to "update" the wardrobe. Going for a more "professional" look...and still deciding on what type of style is comfortable with me. Didn't do too bad...just bought hecka ties...even though i don't "need" them at work. We'll see if i actually decide to keep them or not. ALso got news about the house in MP. Can only pray now that it falls in my favor...but we'll just have to see.

Anyways..after shopping headed over to Disneyland. Caught the 4.45 showing of Snow White, even though I knew that Alfred and Brenda were gonna show up after work to try to catch the 6pm showing with me. Ended up watching it twice. Its all good though =). Disneyland does definitely make me happy...from watching all the families...and all the kids just enjoying. I guess its about the purity and innocence of it all. I mean...i know this is a tough world...and many times seriously fucked up (allow me to repeat the story alfred told me on the way home). Its no fun...but if people continue to dwell on it...it can make you feel like its not even be worth continuing. Call me naive....i really don't care...I like my world of fantasy, romance, and love. I tend to believe the best of people...till they prove me wrong. Honestly though, i'm sure the "special" person in my life will have to be a princess

Its funny though...the princess stories are always the same. Someone pure of heart, but mostly no one sees. She's slave to the wicked step-mother (cinderella/snow white), Cursed to hide herself from the world (sleeping beauty), Unable to be herself due to her position (little mermaid/aladdin/mulan)....its the plot of most romantic comedy as well.

Then...someone takes notice...and loves her for who she is on the inside..cuz he can see thru it all. He fights through challenges...and in the end comes out victorious. Ever wonder why you feel good after those romantic comedies...cuz you all know you want the same thing. That person who can see you for who you really are.....to know you and love you.

I've seen many people...people i've been interested in...really for the person i see inside. Its not always returned....but doesn't necessarily change how i feel. I guess I'm just wishing for the one to see me for who I am....and that i can love in return.

No comments: