Ok...I think that this past weekend deserved its own post. So we get started with Friday night. I get a call from Biggwould to come kick it before the UCI chartering ceremony. He just got his tat (nice one) and was chiln with Grace and John from Rho Pi. I head on over to pick them up and we roll down to Buca Di Beppo. Now if you've never been there before...its definitely an experience. For the 4 of us...a regular serving of Spaghetti and Meatball (according to John - not the size of a softball as described) and Spumoni Ice Cream was enough. Of course the unknown girl that hid under the table next to us made for interesting entertainment...but we still don't really understand what she was doing. Otherwise it was cool just chiln.
We headed out to the hotel (hums the theme to Back to the Hotel - N2Deep)...nah...really to go to the Chartering ceremony. A lil drama going on…but thatz typical APO. My a$$ got the look of death when I clapped at a part when everyone was told not to. Otherwise it was all good. I am really proud of their achievements. So after that…the Buca crew and I were feeling kinda "thirsty"..so we made a run to TGI Fridays. We hit up the Bar and that is where we inducted Emperor John. It was 12:20 so we figured we get started right. Drinks and shots... whatever we could get on the table. I think it was the Shoot the Root when John rose to his emperor status. Everything was cool...Iota Phi came in... My brother wanted to take a shot with me (You still owe me...I may have been buzzed...but I know I didn't take one with you...or did I)..so things were chill..till they cut us off at 1:00am. SUCKS. Well...2 Toyko Tea, shot of goldschlaugher and a shoot the root in about 15 min got me pretty "relaxed". John was another story (haha...). after getting cut off...we proceeded to order some appetizers and chill with everyone.
Woke up on Saturday and went to the conference. Most of the night was spent making gifts for the chartering members. Special thanks to Grace for making/saving that Scooter cup ^_^. The conference was cool. I had a workshop on resume writing. I think it went off well...didn't really have anything prepared. Then again they did put me first thing in the morning. Chilled at throughout the conference. Eventually decided to go off and make a run to South Coast mall so Leah and Cheesy could do some shopping. Prepped for the night…and headed out to banquet. Banquet was cool. The only thing was throughout the evening...I had this sense of nervousness. I usually am pretty comfortable in front of people…and making speeches…but I was working on lack of sleep. But it wasn't just that. I was walking around all nervous…realizing that I was making the keynote speech. So I was formulating all the thoughts in my head...thinking about what I would say and stuff.. and then I got emotional. A lil too emotional. Called out my sis...(thanks mantha)..and just was overwhelmed. It wasn't sadness now...nothing like that. I wasn't nervousness either. It was like a parent would feel when their kids grow up. Sure I knew I'd see them the next day...but still...it was all over. Eyes red…puffy. No good. So after I composed myself a bit...I walked in and got ready. Anita started giving out awards to the sponsor...and I looked at Biggwould and said...I hope I wouldn’t bust into tears up there. Hey I’m human…its just not very manly ^_^. I am really happy with the Rho Rho chapter and really appreciate the gifts that they gave. Not even about the gifts (which I will always cherish)...I was happier that we were all together and got our charter. We proceeded through the night…and had fun the rest of the evening. There were a couple times when I needed to take a walk…but I'm saving that for the next post. (damn...I write like frickn novels.) Overall...it was a fun weekend.
Thursday, April 11, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment