Wednesday, April 17, 2002

you know…it always has to come back to relationships. I'd have to say when you think about the important things in life...personal relationships has to be really high up there. Whether it be family or romantic...in order for us to survive with any sort of sanity...we must have human contact.

My romantic escapades pretty much stopped after my break up. Sadly that happened back in '97. It had always been really hard to put myself out there for anyone. I have always been a continuous support to all my friends...but I never really opened up my heart to anyone else. I didn't feel alone. I had my friends around me...but just not that "special someone".

I can't really describe who or when this "person" will enter my life. Sadly I'm a die-hard romantic…caught up in the movie version of finding that someone...and just knowing then and there...that this was the one. I can't believe that after watching all those movies and listening to all those love songs...that there isn't someone out there just to make my heart melt. She has to possess that certain something that certain spark. Remember Jerry Maguire and the kwan. It wasn't about the money...it was something more than that..."It was Rod Tidwell talking about "the Kwan"-his own personal coinage for the combination of love, respect, and money. " Well...the spark is something like that to me. It isn't just about physical beauty, or society's view of it. It has to be all encompassing. The beauty inside. Compassionate, warm, caring...understanding, sympathetic...the type of girl to cry at movies and maybe even some commercials. Creative, intelligent, and willing to stand her ground. somebody. Someone willing to laugh at herself. Someone looking forward to a family. I had always foreseen myself having a family life like the Cosby Show or Home Improvement. Parents that actually interacted with their kids and all in a fun atmosphere. Those are the important things in life. Family and friends…not money or possessions. Am I asking too much?…maybe…but I think I deserve to be.

Well...I've been living in my protected shell for quite some time now. Had particular interest in some girls...those showing potential sparks...but never really followed through or pursued them. I have to give a lot of props to Steve for getting out there into the dating scene and taking chances. I haven't gained enough courage to put my heart out there. Right now…we’ll just have to see what happens.

Oh yeah...if this post wasn't long enough...here's my results of that quiz. They are pretty dead on.

Your view on yourself
You are down-to-earth and people like you because you are so straightforward. You are an efficient problem solver because you will listen to both sides of an argument before making a decision that usually appeals to both parties.

The type of girl/boyfriend you are looking for.
You are a true romantic. When you are in love, you will do anything and everything to keep your love true.

Your readiness to commit to a relationship.
You are ready to commit as soon as you meet the right person. And you believe you will pretty much know as soon as you might that person.

The seriousness of your love.
Your have very sensible tactics when approaching the opposite sex. In many ways people find your straightforwardness attractive, so you will find yourself with plenty of dates.

Your views on education
Education is very important in life. You want to study hard and learn as much as you can.

The right job for you.
You're a practical person and will choose a secure job with a steady income. Knowing what you like to do is important; find a regular job doing just that and you'll be set for life.

How do you view success?
You are afraid of failure and scared to have a go at the career you would like to have in case you don't succeed. Do not give up when you have not even started yet! Be courageous!

What are you most afraid of?
You are afraid of having no one to rely on in times of trouble. You don't ever want to be unable to take care of yourself. Independence is important to you.

Who is your true self?
You are mature, reasonable, honest and give good advice. People ask for your comments on all sorts of different issues. Sometimes you might find yourself in a dilemma when trapped with a problem, which your heart, rather than your head, needs to solve.

No comments: