Soooo... I was talking to a friend online and she was telling me how she was having "issues" with her relationship. Nothing too unusual, but it made me sad, since i really care about this girl. In the past, I was willing to do pretty much anything for her, but the feelings weren't mutual as she did not want a long distance relationship (she's from Norcal). There was one point when i drove up 7 hours to Davis just to see her, all the while questioning why i would even do this for anyone...when i wasn't sure if she felt the same. Oddly enough, all those questions subsided when i saw her that night. Well...she has always been honest with me...and although we didn't pursue a relationship...the friendship has always been there.
Anyways, during that whole time, I could never really tell her how i felt. I was at a point when i wanted to tell her that i loved her, but couldn't say the words...cuz i wasn't sure how she felt. I always felt that before I could say that...it would have to be mutual. I guess that stems from a misconception about love.
Its a scary word...i know it. Many people fear it...or are constantly pursuing it, when in reality, its just a word.
One of the good things i took from Matrix Revolutions (and there were only a few), was an understanding that Love is but a word...but is signifies something more...a connection. The connection is what is meaningful, and goes beyond definition. Another idea taken Love Actually, is that Love is all around us...and the stories intertwined in the movie show the different types of love. Funny huh...one word with so many different interpretations.
I guess thats what i've learned so far in my life. I'd been seeking this unattainable love/connection...when all the while i already had it. Now once i find that special person that takes it to a higher level, then that will be something to write more about.
and my journey isnt to find the perfect person.
i'm trying to find an imperfect person and love them in a perfect way...
-Taken from a friends away message

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special
Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye
Tell me baby
Do you recognize me?
Well
It's been a year
It doesn't surprise me
I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I love you"
I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd fool me again
- wham - Last Christmas
Point to Ponder
Why was the google search i did on love consist primarily on webpages with religious undertones?
No comments:
Post a Comment