Arrgg. I hate dealing with stupid people. I woke up and was immediately made angry by someone from verizon. Hard to believe all the trouble i'm getting into to just to have them extend their own telephone line. "we don't do that in this department, call here." "You'll need to call the provider and get them to authorize." and of course, my favorite, "We don't talk to end-users (being me)". Right after that I get the sales guy for the telephone service provider for my office, trying to sell me a new system, when i don't make those decisions...my corporate office does. All of this, plus some plans i needed for our new office made for quite a busy day.
On a good note, in the car ride over, i was able to start drafting a list of people i want to buy for...as well as a xmas list for myself of things. Lately I haven't really been desiring much (and what i have...i've already bought)...but then again i don't want for find old gift certificates never redeemed or things i don't use...so i'll make a list.
I had a post that i wanted to include in here...but instead i just sat and talked to my sister. I'll prob save it for tomorrow.
Someday at Christmas men won't be boys
Playing with bombs like kids play with toys
One warm December our hearts will see
A world where men are free
Someday at Christmas there'll be no wars
When we have learned what Christmas is for
When we have found what life's really worth
There'll be peace on earth
- Stevie Wonder - Someday at Christmas
Point to Ponder
The song always sounded cool...but didn't realize its undertones. Guess it is appropriate considering current world situation.
Monday, December 15, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment