Saturday, November 15, 2003

I had a lot of fun today. I wasn't expecting much, but maybe thats why i enjoyed it more.
So...i had my 2nd day pass to Disney California Adventure to redeem today...since i used the first day on mantha's bday. I called up Alfred to see if he wanted to hang..if not i would just walk around seeing whatever.
I had been to california adventures before...but wasn't impressed.
Well...today was different. I have come to accept that I am very much a Disney kid. Seeing the little kids dancing around to music..and hearing the famous songs from the Disney movies reminded me why i am the person i am today. Believing in yourself, seeking that one true love, good triumphing over evil, just being yourself...all common themes....but sadly lost in today's society. I've come to expect the happy ending...but i know it doesn't happen all the time. i always try to look for the good in life...and see beyond the bad. I guess you can say i maintain a certain innocence...but I'm definately not naive.
Well..today helped remind me to just stay true to myself...and see what happens.

So it definitely was a good day. Alfred, Brenda, and Rozelle came out and we just chilled for most of the afternoon. Later Tony and Brenda's sister Vivian came out to join us. I love hanging with my cousins (and friends close enough to be family). We rode most of the rides and saw the shows. Saw the Aladdin show. That was a really good show starred by DeeDee from the Mickey Mouse club. I know mantha would have loved it...since the whole cast seemed pretty cool. Even riding the simple stuff at the park (those chairs suspended in air) just seemed to be more enjoyable. One of the best parts of the nite was being there with Vivian as she rode her first big roller coaster. It was so much fun i had to get the pic of us.



=)
Vivian is on the front left.
Sometimes its just the lil things.

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?
I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride
A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view

- Lea Salonga\Brad Kane - a whole new world - Disney

Point to Ponder
Think about what I said...innoscent, but not naive...and just the acceptance of being yourself.

No comments: