Saturday, November 22, 2003

yeah..this post is really late (2.45am) but since its still the end of my saturday..it qualifies as sat post.
Today went mostly ok...had to make sure i was awake to do the power shutdown, but i ended up hitting snooze for 40min. Good thing i set it up early. Did go and get my McGriddle (the sausage one is the better one) and successfully took care of that task.
Started watching the USC/UCLA game..and ohh..it was ugly. From the first touchdown were the ucla guy look like he hit a brick wall...to some of those bullet passes to Mike Williams...DAMN. So..I know Mary (USC) had a good day =). I will eventually have to check out one of those tailgates you throw...but we'll see.
Well..got a call from Al before i took a nap, so we were just looking to chill for the nite. I was thinking of hitting century club for this new group "take 6" from the members of Kai and Interlude but wasn't too sure if i was up to it. I've made it a point to myself try not to hit the clubs unless i go with girls...cuz if i don't, i end up being a wall flower. (no fun). Well...Sat was also the day of the APO-Phil of Greater Los Angeles (APO-GLA) Thanksgiving day awards nite. I had gotten to meet some of the members at some of our events, the APO-Phil Alumni meeting in SD, as well as Nationals. Well...I've been looking to be more involved in my Philippine culture and figured this could be a good way to do so. Plus I had to be out in Westwood later that nite, because LA was also going to have emergency power testing.
The evening was fun and very much felt like a Filipino party. Everyone there was like auntie and uncle. It was nice. After the party I headed to the office, figuring I'd just jump in and shut things off. Unfortunately, there were still people there (10pm). They've got this big case and were hard at work at it. Cuz of that, Al and I headed out to a movie just to buy them some time. Tupac Resurrections. It was ok...I had always seen Tupac as a role model and really felt his emotions in his songs. The movie was ok...interesting...but maybe better as a rental. Well, back to the office..and yes..they were still there. Well, 20 min later, they wrapped up..and i was able to shut things down and go home.
Now the question will be for Sunday. Gotta figure out when i can turn things back on, plus a meeting in anaheim at noon...and i was planning on visiting friends in SD. Man..i am a work-a-holic. Either way..i still have monday off...so should be able to rest then. Now to finish this post and get some sleep. Nite all.

[2pac]Now I clown around when I hang around with the Underground
Girls use to frown, say I'm down, when I come around
gas me and when they pass me they use to diss me
harrass me, but now they ask me if they can kiss me
Get some fame, people change, wanna live they life high
same song, can't go wrong, if I play the nice guy
(clamin that they must have changed,just because we came strong)
I remain, still the same (why Tu'?) cause it's the same song

- Digital Underground - Same Song

Point to Ponder
Will I make it to SD tomorrow? Hope so.

No comments: