I really wasn't too sure about today. I felt a sense of disappointment and loneliness...well...at least thats how the morning started. I had planned a BBQ with my friends from Ventura, but never really was sure how many people were coming...or even if any were. Add to that just feeling down the past days...from just sitting at home and being alone.
Well..thankfully all that changed around 2pm. Sharon came over with her korean bbq and that basically started my day. The boys (Edward and Bren) were on their way over...so the bbq was definitely a go. Sharon and I hit up a Korean market, and we just bought loads of supplies for the afternoon. When we all got back to my house, we all pitched in and helped set up and cook the meal. It was actually a lot of fun. Korean BBQ, assorted sashimi, rice drink...yeah. We all ate to full. Maureen and Veronica even came over before heading out to Riverside. After dinner we headed out to watch elf. I think that movie is starting to put me in a holiday mood as well. Anyways, it was a really good day, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.
I really can't stay
But, baby, it's cold outside
I got to go way
But. baby, it's cold outside
This evening's has been
Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice
I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry
Beautiful, what's your hurry
And father will be pacing the floor
Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry
Beautiful, please don't hurry
Maybe just a half a drink more
Put some records on while I pour
- Ella Fitzgerald - Baby Its cold outside
Point to Ponder
Need to find some good christmas music. Actually thinking more adult contemporary (Harry Connick Jr, Frank Sinatra)
Saturday, November 29, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment